This radio, which I purchased new and have not modified, worked fine six months ago. Recently I discovered that it receives normally on all bands, the LCD functions normally, and the CW sidetone is OK , but it will transmit only on AM and FM. On SSB and CW the power output meter doesn't show "power out" and my field strength meter needle doesn't move. However the fan does operate and the Icom power supply becomes slightly warm when I attempt to transmit into the dummy load in these latter two modes. This state of affairs is the same into the antenna (when I discovered the problem) and into a dummy load. Years ago Icom replace the power transistors when it would not transmit, but I believe this failure was on all modes.

Any ideas where to look for the problem?

I am not an engineer or electronics technician, but have built many kits. Any suggestions about what I can try before sending it away would be appreciated.

Bob N5JYW