To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 7:44 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] Problem: K2 Audio Tuning Click or Warble

After a few months of relative inactivity, I went back last night to continue building my KPA100, and had the K2 on in the background. I actually thought it was a DSP artifact, but it's there even with the DSP in bypass.

Tuning through a quiet band, I noticed as I tuned slowly across a CW signal, I could clearly hear some "artifact" chirps or warbles with each increment of the dial (even at the finest tuning rate). There are other references to this in the archive:

http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2003-10/msg00110.html

http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2003-10/msg00134.html

http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2003-10/msg00121.html

http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2003-08/msg00420.html

http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/2003-08/msg00424.html

This is K2 #61, one of the original field tester units, and it has had all upgrade mods (at least I am pretty sure it has). I captured a .wma of it to hear for yourself:

http://webpages.charter.net/acito/w1pa/

Suggestions?

Bill  W1PA
K2 #61