I am at the end of the part 2 alignment and test (everything up to this
point is checked out and working to the level spec'd in the manual) . I
should be hearing something with my XG2 set for 7040, but don't.

I am following the trouble shooting section and have found that I do not
have 8 volts at [the right side of D6] on the control board. I followed
this back to pin 22 (8R) on J7, which also does not have 8 volts on it,
but pin 6 of J7 (8A) does have 8 vols.

On the control board the 8 volt and 5 volt regulators are working and I
have 8 volts on the middle pin of Q1 and Q2 (the base), but don't on the
collector. I am just a want to be EE (at best) but believe that I may
have a bad components.

However, this is a switching power circuit, so I not sure if there is
supposed to be, but it seems like their should in order for 8R to have
the 8 volts for the receiver to be powered.

Thanks...