Wow is all I can say.

What a great way to spend a Sunday evening. The NCS hat got bounced around and there were check ins from all over. Then there was Carter, N3AO. Eastern Pennsylvania better watch out! There are buttons popping off this guy's vest. Congratulations to Kay and Carter, they've just become grandparents. A fine baby boy has come into the world. Now it is your duty to spoil him rotten ;) And get him operating QRP of course! A KX1 should be just about the right size for him. Ask Wayne and see what he thinks.

Then there was Ray checking in on both bands with his KX1 from North Carolina. I am not sure what he feeds that rig but he somehow manages to break pileups and fight his way through heavy QSB. Must be spinach! On forty meters I had been warned to watch out for Dale, K6PJV, working from Ft. Stevens, Oregon. That is 48 miles from me as the crow flies. He made it but the going was rough. I passed him to Tom for a real check in ;) When Ken checked in on forty I started wondering. Then sure enough I understood; he was running a straight key. Commendable fist too with little notice of the switch from his keyer. True amateur spirit. But I would have to say the same of you all. Very polite, fine operators. Like I said before, what a great way to spend a Sunday evening!

On to the lists =>

On 14050 kHz at 2256z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008  QNI #165!!!  Thanks for the help.
K2HYD - Ray - NC - KX1 - 608 You may need to send that rig back to Wayne for special tests :)
N6JW - John - CA - K2 - 3290
N3AO - Carter - PA - K2 - 678    Congratulations!!
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K2 - 4398
K5BGB - Rod - TX - K2 - 1126    I heard you at 239.
N7NLU - Karl - OR - K2 - 4227
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031    QNI #135!!!
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
N9SF - Bob - IN - K2 - 5308
KI8JM - Bob - OH - K2 - 3630
K4ZMV - Jim - GA - K2 - 5731    Welcome to ECN!

On 7045.5 kHz at 0157z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
W0CZ - Ken - sunny ND - K2 - 1031    Straight key night is not too far off.
K6PJV/7 - Dale - OR - K2 - 5345
AE6GC - Jack - CA - KX1 - 1403    QNI #5!
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
N6JW - John - CA - K2 - 3290
N7NLU - Karl - OR - K2 - 4227    I could just make you out on 40.
KJ7BS - Mark - AZ - K2 - 539   QNI #5!
K2HYD - Ray - NC - KX1 - 608

If there are any errors in the above lists please email me the corrections.

Thank you for the fun times. One of these days I am going to take this show on the road again. Next week I may be operating from a new location. But that one will only be thirty feet away in my new work area. I think Tom may be jealous though since he uses his bench for building, repairing, and operating. I am in the same boat and am taking steps to give myself plenty of room. I do not like having to move everything multiple times a week to simply work on something else. I will have at least three benches with plenty of shelf space soon. I don't know how long this happy state will last but I will enjoy it until my documentation and projects overrun the space alloted them. Can you imagine having a dedicated operating position? Most of us can only dream. I am not sure how folks in RVs manage.

Until next week stay well and stay warm,
   73,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)