While the PTO does need service at times.  I have had to go in and push IC's
into sockets and clean/reset plugs into sockets.  Since this is NOT a
synthesized rig there is no
"clock" just crystal oscillators and the PTO.  I once had an
Argonaut that jumped frequency.  Since it was in warranty
I called TenTec service and they sent me a new PTO and I
swapped it out.  No more frequency jumping.  I suppose the
warranty has run out on the Corsair (25 or so years ago?).
Good luck
Allen KA5N   K2   #1107