I've noticed a fairly weak noise on 40m when using N1MM Contest Logging program. I have the correctly built pseudo-serial cable from the back of either a laptop or a desktop compuker to the KIO2 port on the back of the K2. I've only noticed this noise when using the N1MM program, although I should try it on some others as well. I have used the KA3JWE PA QSO Party software as well but didn't notice the same noise with that. The noise is a pulse about once per second and is not very strong and spaced about every 5 kHz, (e.g. 7030, 7035, 7040, etc). It is most noticable during "quiet" band conditions. I hear it louder on ANT1 which is actually connected to my outdoor antenna but I also hear it much fainter on ANT2 which is not connected to anything. If I disconnect the cable from the back of the K2 the pulsing goes away. If I close the N1MM program the noise goes away. I just tried the same with Win-EQF and I wasn't able to find any similar issues (on 40m, didn't check other bands). Also just tried the KA3JWE PA QSO Party logging program and again didn't hear the same sort of N1MM related pulsing sound. Not sure how many other logging programs I should try to download to try. Oh, I tried wrapping the pseudo-serial cable around a ferrite choke, three turns, sorry I don't know much specifics about the ferrite material, probably one of those from Radio Slack, it is in a white plastic snap together housing, about 1" square with a hole that is okay for maybe RG8 coax at most. That had no affect on the pulsing noise. Wrapped the wire around the choke near the rig (about 4" from the connector). Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone come up with a solution or have any other ideas for me to try?
Thanks!

Mark, NK8Q