John,

A Master Reset wipes out any menu setting that you had established before
the reset, and the most crutial to operation is the CAL PLL and CAL FIL
values.

The Filter settings in the manual are OK as a starting point, but I recommed
using Spectrogram to refine the settings.  If you need information on how to
use Spectrogram to do the K2 dial calibration and filter setting, I can
refer you to my website (http://w3fpr.qrpradio.com) article on K2 Dial
Calibration.

73,
Don W3FPR