I get consistent power measurement results using a Fluke DMM and Elecraft DL
1 and an o'scope connected to the DL 1. I triple check with a calibrated HP
signal generator checked against my KX 1 attenuated to match the HP
generator. I am pretty confident in my measurements.

I have received many replies and the great majority has outputs similar to
mine. Only a few reported the higher power output. It would be interesting
to know what the prototype results were. Although, I am sure that is where
the specs originate

Ed Lambert, PE
KX1 1492
K2  1999