Bill,

I have had this problem twice. Check and/or tighten all connections around the 239 on the back of the amp. Once it was a broken solder connection on the tab and another times the screws had come loose.

73's,

Jay - KT5E

Bill Carpenter wrote:
My K2/100 is indicating high current draw on a portion of 40 meters but only on the antenna. On the dummy load there is no problem. It's not high SWR as both antennas it happens with (double bazooka and ground mounted Butternut vert) indicate low SWR on my MFJ analyzer, SWR meter and the K2. This occurs at full power of around 100 watts. Any ideas on what may be causing this? I'm using my Drake PS7 power supply which has more than enough amperage and minimal voltage drop.

Thanks and 73,

Bill NZ0T