Hello folks,

Have a new 2.3SLA battery I'm trying to charge for the K1. Here the problem I'm
having. The battery started out at about 9.6V and is now at 12.10V or so after
charging for several days on and off.

The VW panel reads about 20V in full sun. When connected to Don Brown's low
power controller, it drops to 12.75V (full sun). I have a few panels and tried
them all....same results. Even paralleled two.

The controller will cut-off around 14.0V. Needless to say, this one will never
make it to cut-off. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the controller.
Don says the panel connection point at the controller should read about 15V.

I don't have a current limiting supply to test the controller the way the
instruction sheet suggests.

Any thoughts appreciated,

Thanks....Ken...W2GIW