Kieth,

If you have the KDSP2 installed, its SSB low pass filter function cuts off
the high frequency end of the 2.6 kHz filter, and you end up with about a
2.4 kHz bandwidth for receive anyway.

What I am saying is that the 2.4 is about ideal for receive.  If you want a
more Hi-Fi transmitted signal, then the 2.6 will give you a bit more
bandwidth in your transmitted signal.

Without the KDSP2, the 2.6 kHz will give you a wider receive bandwidth, and
signals tune a little easier as a result, but you have 200 Hz more high
frequency noise along with the signal which may negate the advantages.  The
choice depends on your ears and your tastes.

73,
Don W3FPR