Folks,

Up until today I had beilived that the KX1 power mod was needed for the
KBX3080 install and desirable for others.

NOT SO!  I now have Wayne's input on the subject, and find that it is to be
used ONLY if your KX1 actually does have low power output.

If you can develop at least 3 watts on all bands with a 12 volt power
supply, do not install the power mod. (the spec is 3-4 watts with a 12 volt
supply - so if you get 3 watts or more that is all you should expect).

Running the KX1 at incresed power output stresses the components
unnecessarily.  Over 4 watts is not a good thing.

I realize that hams try to squeeze every extra microwatt out of the
transmtter, but ask yourself if it is worth the increased probability for
failure of your KX1.

73,
Don W3FPR