Vic,

I would think that is a possibility, but can't be certain at this time - did
you change R19 and R20 when you added the upgade?  If not, please change
them and see if that fixes it.  With care, you can change the resistors from
the top of the board.

>From what I can recall, slightly higher value capacitors will only cause a
bit of a power output dropoff on the high bands.  I once had a KPA100 here
that had severe power dropoff on 20 through 10 meters, and I overlooked C80
and C81 many times before discovering that they were .047 uF instead of the
4700 pf, so I know the amp will 'work' with much higher value capacitors.

BUT if you have the inductive resistors (the real problem behind the
temporary change to the 5600 pf caps), then they could be the cause of your
current problem.

I have 4 KPA100s to upgrade here, and one of them may have the 5600 pf caps
installed - yet to be checked, let's hope I am lucky enough to be able to
verify the problem situation.

73,
Don W3FPR