Larry,

The null will be sharp, so try to find it again tuning very slowly.
I suspect your real problem is either with the winding and stripping of T1.
Check that carefully even if it means removing it to check the lead
stripping.  Be certain the wire colors are correct - leads 2 and 4 should be
different colors.

The other possibility is that one of the relays is not working - check the
soldering at all relay pins.  Check the soldering on all other parts of the
board - then recheck the soldering.  Soldering failures and improperly
stripped toroid leads are the two most common causes of failure.

If that does not resolve it we can hunt further and check the inductor and
capacitor connections individually.

73,
Don W3FPR