I ordered the 2-Band 40M &80M for my K1, plus a noise filter. I'm going to look at it and make a decision on whether I can build it. If I do and succeed I'm going to get a KX1.

Gettin to old to keep puttin of these BIG decisons :-)

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephanie Maks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft" <>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K1 vs KX1 Dilemma

Darn it, now I wanna build a KX-1.

I've been thinking about it on and off for a few months but haven't been able to really decide for sure...

My comment is that I will keep both for now but really
like the KX1 better because of it's great receiver
that  has the RF Gain Control, the continuously
variable filter from 0.5 up to 2.0 Khz band width, the
easy to use tuning steps selectable for 10Hz, 100Hz,
and 1.0 Khz, Selectable modes for LSB, USB, Normal
(cw), the large receive coverage outside of the ham
bands, the night light, and for a few other reasons
that don't come to mind right now.

All these reasons though add up to making me start thinking about it even more.

Time to start saving up for another Elecraft purchase...

73 de Stephanie
va3uxb
K2#5311 - K1#2132