Thanks everyone for the help on the tips & solder At least I know I have everything to at least start off with.

Ken..G0ORH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Hofmann K1NT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 3:20 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Solder & weller tips

Ken,

I am currently working on building my KPA100.  As far
as the tip temperature goes, I have had to turn my
temp up on several joints to about 800F especially on
many of the ground connections, as the ground plane is
very large on parts of the board.  For comparison, I
believe I kept the temp at 700F the whole time I built
the base K2.  I am using a small chisel tip, (I think
0.8 mm) and it is possible a larger chisel tip would
help, but the pads for many of the capacitors are
still quite small.

-Ben  K1NT