Gregg,

Glad to hear you have the KSB2 problem licked - that was a tough one!

On your power output on the higher bands, the first thing to check is T2 -
it should have the correct number of turns and look just like the diagram in
the manual - it is also good to space this transformer above the board by
about 1/8 inch - it will self support on its own leads.

T4 is another possibility and T1 as well.  Is there any chance that T4 is
installed backwards?  Are the two links on T4 installed correctly?  Are both
Z1 and Z2 in place? C127 and C128 should be installed correctly, well
soldered and should be 680 pf.

If all that checks out, try comparing the RF Voltage produced by a normal
output band with one of the low output bands (turn the power all the way up
when doing that test) - check at several points along the transmit chain -
Q5 base (junction of R40 and R41 can be reached from the top), Q5 collector
(case), Q6 base, Q6 collector, Q7/8 base and if you are using a 'scope with
an 10X probe, the collector of Q7/8 (do not measure that with an RF Probe,
the diode may be zapped by the RF Voltage).

Due to the way the K2 power control circuits work, you can expect to see a
higher RF voltage on the 'bad' bands than the 'good' bands up to the point
where the problem exists.  Again, crank the power up to full when doing this
comparison test - if you leave it low, everything may look good on all bands
and your testing will be inconclusive.

73,
Don W3FPR

 Now ive got other problems.