To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 12:13 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] More 160 meter Elecraft MOJO

Wanted to join the other Craig and Mark in expressing my pleasure in using
my K2 this weekend on the 160 meter contest. Very modest setup here due to
HOA restrictions on antennas (none allowed).  Many neighbors were up on
their roofs this week putting up Xmas lights, so I took that opportunity to get up on my roof and attach an extension to the "inverted L" I have draped
over the roof.  Ran a AWG26 black stealth wire from the end of the antenna
to a pine tree in the front yard - maximum height about 22 feet and less
than 1/4 wavelength - non optimal for 160! But managed to load it with the
K2 internal tuner.

Had only made two QSOs on 160 previously in my ham career, so didn't know
what to expect.  But with 5 Watts operating about 4 hours each evening I
managed 131 QSOs and 39 sections from here in Colorado.  Delaware and
British Columbia was best "DX".  Best of all was enjoying the way the K2
operated - flawlessly, just as it did for Field Day, Sweepstakes and the CQ
WW DX contest.  Thanks Elecraft!

73
         ... Craig AC0DS