Roy,

The first thing I would do in a case like that is to do a bit of Quick and
Dirty Signal Tracing.
Connect a known working antenna to the junction of D6 and D7 - can you hear
any signals as you tune the VFO?  If so, go on to check at W6.  If not, then
suspect the VFO or BFO.

Fortunately the VFO can be checked quickly with the internal frequency
probe.  Put the counter probe in TP1, then set the K2 frequency to the low
end of each band - enter the menu and set CAL FCTR.  The frequency displayed
should be quite close to that shown on the Schematic Key page - VFO chart in
the lower left corner.

Similarly, check the BFO at TP2 - the frequency should be that of the BFO
for the mode selected - if you read something close to 4913 kHz the BFO
should be good for frequency.

Next measure the RF voltages during transmit as indicated in the Transmit
Signal Tracing section of Appendix E of the manual (starting with page 12).
Comparison with the expected values should lead you to the first failing
stage, and that is the place to concentrate your search.

73,
Don W3FPR