Make sure U1 MCU is seated in socket properly. Mine had a tendency to work
itself out some on occasions. Other than that I am temporarily at a loss.
 Paul WD8OJL

Keith said:

"I recently built a KX1 and it went together smoothly with no real problems.  I
made a few QSO's and it seemed to work just fine.

I turned it on today and it is acting up on me. I was on battery power and
switched to a power supply to see if that helped, but no luck."