Here's a link from mwdink of 3830

http://www.eskimo.com/~mwdink/3830/

He's made text journals of of the last two major
contest's soapbox comments. All sorts of fun info in
these.

Believe it or not, my antennas were very simple. I
used a full size wire vertical on 80 with two raised
radials (about 10' above ground) in a V shape (only
supports I had. For 160, I used a top loaded hastily
erected 48' wire vertical. I did use a 295' coax
beverage for 80m this time around and it helped. I
tried using the same on 160, but only to drop the
static on Friday night. Used the Tee for Rx the rest
of the weekend. Wasn't thrilled with the performance
of the beverage on 160.

I give my K2 a lot of credit for hearing more than I
could work.

Cheers and thanks for all the QSOs!

Julius

n2wn