Dave,

In heat removal, the name of the game is air circulation, which is different
than just 'blowing air' - there must be an escape path for the heated air.
In the KPA100 that path is from the back to the front of the unit, the air
escapes through the heatsink fins just behind the top of the front panel.
If you have something (even a piece of paper) on top of the KPA100, it will
block this air flow and reduce the cooling capacity - which in turn will
cause the fan to come on earlier than expected.  If you have the KAT100
stacked on top of the KPA100 I suggest changing things to place the KAT100
below the K2/100.

An easy way to add an auxiliary fan to the KPA100 is to place a muffin fan
on top of the heat sink - pulling air away from the heat sink.  Even a slow
moving fan will help, a DC fan salvaged from a computer will do nicely and
you can slow it down with a series resistor.

73,
Don W3FPR