Jim,

Not difficult IMHO, but you decide on the level of difficulty for you.

Certainly that D104 can be made to work with the K2.  If it is the amplified
version, no problem, just give it the proper microphone plug and all will be
well.

If it is the unamplified version, then you will have to build a pre-amp for
it.  There was a preamp specifically for that application in QST within the
past few years.

The other alternative is to take out the old crystal element and replace it
with a high output electret element so it works just like your Icom mics.

73,
Don W3FPR