Deni,

I would be tempted to wind my own RF Choke.  Use a large ferrite core
(FT240-61 for instance) and wind as many turns of 20 guage wire on it as you
can.  Connect it from the vertical to ground and see if it works.

Unless you have some unusual condition where the static noise is creating
huge voltages at the antenna input, it is not likely to damage the
receiver - the annoyance of listening to it is the baggest problem.  This is
noise pickup from static discharges at the antenna rather than a direct
discharge of static into the receiver.

The diodes in the T/R switch will offer some protection for the K2 receiver.

73,
Don W3FPR