Tom,

I just finished building my electaft and I agree with you about the LCD display. On mine there was a very thin clear plastic film that was easy to peel off but underneath the LCD module ewas a translucent plastic coating. I attempted to peel it off but it was rwally glewed on so I stopped trying. After i build the rig I found that the LCD lights up fine. It seems the light gets into the LCD from the outside edges and not the back. Or there is so much led light that it makes it through the translucent coating on the back. If you don't fing the clear coating on the front don't worry as you probely wount see it after it is mounted.

743
Dave KD1NA