Good evening and thanks for the reply. I have already built the AT1, so the K1
would work (My K2 is under construction at the present). I have an old MFJ259
(no vector info, just SWR and impedance), but had in mind a small unit for very
coarse antenna checks in the field, camping, etc. The mfj unit is bigger than
the K1. I have been playing with AmQRP's PICeL kits and had DDS on the brain.
Itching to build something that uses one (Iknow,Iknow, a KX1 <gr>)
-Pete

> From: "Siu Johnny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/12/12 Tue PM 06:59:26 CST
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED],  Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
> Subject: RE: [Elecraft] W1 idea
>

> Hi Pete,
>
> K2 is a QRP rig and can deliver output power at around 0.5 watt.  Itself
> has already been a nice RF signal generator.  Turn your K2 power knot fully
> counterclockwise.  Press and hold 'tune' and read the SWR on the W1 over
> the tuning range.  Due to the lower power output from K2, interference to
> other Ham stations is minimal.
>
> Unlike the LP100, W1 is not a vector watt meter.  It can only give you
> reading of SWR and Power.
>
> In the past, I have several times in this reflector mentioned that a
> transcevier with TCXO or stable frequency output has already been a very
> good RF source. The trick is to use a good RF attenuator or directional
> coupler to lower the output level.  Now AT1, CP1 could be choices.
>
> I finish the construction of AT1 which is a piece of cake.  Unlike the
> usual attenuator obtained from the market, AT1 can tolerate 2 watts RF
> power.  If you combine K2 with AT1, the whole will be a nice RF signal
> source.  Of course, don't forget to turn the RF power knot fully
> counterclockwise.
>

> 73
>
> Johnny Siu VR2XMC
>
> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
> Subject: [Elecraft] W1 idea
> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:33:50 -0600
>
> It would seem like you could combine the W1 with a small DDS based sig gen
> for a very compact basic antenna analyzer. Is it sensitive enough on the
> lowest scale to do that?
> Just thinkin....
> -Pete
>
> Pete Axson