Thanks again, Don,
On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 08:36:25AM -0500, Don Wilhelm wrote:
> David,
>
> Fine on getting the K2 peaked.
Yep!!

> Yes, if you have the LED display set to DOT - you will see the resolution
> uncertainty region as two adjacent bars alternately flickering - nothing
> worng, just the logic can't make up its mind about which one is the more
> 'average'.  If you set to BAR display, the effect is not as noticable, in
> that case, just the highest bar will appear a bit more dim than the others.
FB!

> The K2 does not have a powerful audio amplifier - that was done by intent to
> reduce the current draw when operating QRP on battery power.  As a result,
> it is not as loud as many other transceivers.  The volume should be more
> than adequate for normal environments although in high ambient noise
> situations (like mobile operation) it may require a external audio
> amplifier.
This is true, the audio was adequate, but not very loud; I could hear it
fine, but with the Icom beside it, it appeared not so loud.

> I don't understand about your speaker connections, you will have to be more
> descriptive about it.
Well, there is not a specific ground tab in the triangle formation as
illustrated in the manual. Instead, there are two terminals in line with
a central rivet. If one was just a tie point, then I could use the
rivet, I suppose. I was probably a tad tired to figure it out.

> You should do the AGC Threshold and CAL S Lo and CAL S Hi after all the
> peaking alignment - it is OK to do it just the same way you did it before.

OK!

There is one teensie little problem left, and that is the paddle modes
behave exactly the same. I had been using an MFJ keyer on my Icom, with
the Curtis chip; I set it up to be able to switch between A and B mode,
so I'm quite familiar with that.

I am wondering if there could be a solder bridge between 2 IC pins
somewhere, thus preventing switching between A and B modes?

--
David Dawson

The trouble with this country is that there are too many politicians
who believe, with a conviction based on experience, that you can fool
all of the people all of the time.
                -- Franklin Adams