From: Hans-Christoph Scheiblberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 5:30:27 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] PA failure

Dear Elecrafters,

After weeks of repair work we finally found out what was wrong with the 10 Watt
pa of my K2.Thanks to all who helped us, epecially Don Williams and Gary from
Elecraft.
The former owner of my K2 also helped us a lot.He said,that we needed the
original Elecraft PA transistors and it might not work with transistors bought
in the EU. We found out that he was right-the rig did not work with transistors
from Germany, produced by the same company and also with the same number on
it.Even the size was different.
This was something very new to me. I always thought that transistors with the
same number were equal.
It seems that you really need original parts.

            73,Chris-OE5CSP