I have had excellent success with the K2/100 and RTTY. Worked several contests with it. Elecraft does not recommend running at full power, but under contest conditions, the exchanges are so short you can get away with it, most of the time. I have had some problems with RF getting onto the K2 data bus, but reducing power solves the problem. I do not have all of the K2/100 shielding upgrades installed, yet.

As always, "your mileage may vary."

Logan
KZ6O, # 1609

Lee Buller wrote:

Well, I am getting back into RTTY and PSK31 after a couple of years away from the modes. I have my IC756PROII set up for AFSK and going to FSK using MMTTY on RTTY (only) What I "hate" about the PROII is when you are using RTTY I have to use AFSK Keying and the receiver's bandpass is less that ideal. This is why I am going to FSK so I can used the great filters on the PROII. Well, I never thought about using the K2/100 as an RTTY rig. I know it has RTTY filters...but I am sure it does not use FSK, but uses AFSK through the RTTY Filters? Right? Could somebody who has used the K2 on RTTY and PSK31 eludicate me on their experience with the rig and the mode? Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense devine?