Kevin,

The RA resistor on the thermistor board is intended to compensate for drift
AFTER warmup - such as drift that might occur due to the additional heating
when the KPA100 is transmitting.  I do not believe it would be fruitful to
attempt to compensate for the initial warmup drift that one may find in the
K2 - and you may wind up overcompensating and find the drift after a warmup
period would be greater - it would not be good to have a K2 that does not
drift when first turned on and then begins to drift after some warmup
period.

Or perhaps better said, the thermistor board provides compensation for the
PLL reference oscillator.  There are many more components involved in the
initial warmup drift - the BFO is one.

It would be interesting to try, but would take a lot of controlled test
conditions to verify the results.

73,
Don W3FPR