In a message dated 12/27/06 9:03:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Hello all you Who-Does-the-Work QRPers,
>
> When ops who work a QRP station say, " I'm doing all the work here."
>
> Do they realize that the QRP operator:
> 1.probably built his own rig
> 2.probably built his antenna
> 3.probably took the time to actually study code
> 4.probably is very patient
> 5. etc etc.

A QRO station may have done all of that, too.

For example, here's a 100 W station:

http://hometown.aol.com/n2ey/myhomepage/

> I ran the CQWWCW Contest as VP5ED. As VP5ED I had over 1200 Qs in 48
> hours running 5W of power with my Elecraft K2. I ran and held pileups
> for hours running QRP. So who was, "doing all the work"?

No one station does *all* the work in a QSO.

> Was it the 100w stations? Was it the KW stations?
>
> NO--- it was the QRP Ops trying to break my QRP pileup!
>
> Be careful- be VERY careful when you say the receiving station, " is
> doing all the work."
>
> This QRP op built his transceiver and antennas; planned the Dxpedition;
> paid for the Dxpedition; modified antennas to use for the Dxpedition and
> hauled all his QRP gear to the Island on a plane. Went through customs
> and had to take my gear apart not once, but twice. Set up all my QRP
> gear at the site including some antennas.

With all due respect - think about *why* there was a pileup on you.

There's an old saying about the "20 dB gain of a rare callsign". Doesn't mean
there's no work involved on the rare one's end, but being a new multiplier
makes
a big difference in how the pack responds.

> After doing this, some ops still say, "the receiving station is doing
> all the work."---- NOT

Agreed.

73 de Jim, N2EY