I (and many others) have exactly the same power variation. I just recently changed R99 to 1.1K and that reduced the variation in power to the point that I no longer notice the variations. A check of maximum power output shows that I still get normal performance on all bands.

Don K7FJ

No, that didn't help, Stewart. With the 100 PA disconnected and 5 watts requested, I see around 0.5 w difference in actual power and that is stable.

Having re-connected the 100 w pa to restore the K2/100 to the state I would normally use it, I have put a scope on the output. With requested power of 50w, in Tune the readout shows 29w immediately, dropping to 24, 21 and 17w, it then toggles between 17 and 22w. I can see this stepping on the waveform displayed on my scope. It also explains what I was seeing the other night. Since I was working pile-up style, the overs would be short, so each time I went to transmit the power variation in the K2 would also vary drive to the amp with the consequent output variation of between 100 and 200 w from the amp.

Chris G3SJJ

Stewart Baker wrote:
Chris,
Take a look here... http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/Power_Control_Mod.html