I suspect QRP hamm'in - is a lot like hunting with
a bow and arrow.  Many hunters, not satisfied to hunt
with a gun, rifle or pistol - limit themselves with
a bow and arrow.  (probably a pulley bow in 2006)

It takes considerably more skill and patience, to hunt
game with a bow.  One has to get closer to their prey.
They have to hunt better.  They have to aim much
better.  Their equipments must be more heavily
relied on. And they are a a real disadvantage,
compared to a hunter with a 30 cal rifle and
long-range scope.

I hunted NY State deer, for several years - got many
bow shots, and never hit one!  Those were in my
smoking days - and I suspect, looking back, the
deer knew I was there, before I ever got there!
Several trees, several near misses, several great
shots!

So in a way, QRP places a ham at a disadvantage, and
requires much greater skills in the hunt!  But I
suspect, all you QRP'ers know this already.  :)

Good QRP'ing
Fred, FL