Well I carefully built and installed the dsp filter in my K2.  Fired up the
K2 but the red led did not extinguish.  Took it out.  Checked line up of
connector, looked for bridges, cold solders and the like and buttoned it
back up.  Still will not extinguish (the red LED).

Removed the entire dsp unit again and fired up the K2.  No noise!  There
appears to be signals according to the S-meter as I tuned the VFO.  Is it
because of the jumpers I removed when I installed the connectors on the
control board?  Should I install jumpers on the connectors so my basic K2
will work while I troubleshoot this dsp unit?

Man ... I am not having luck with my modules.  My solders appear good.  Part
placement is good.  I am using precautions when I handle static sensitive
stuff.

What do I do here?

Dohn N8EWY