All is well with the DSP unit.  Thank You guys for responding.  I found the
error when I removed the control board to figure out where to put the
jumpers.  The problem was at the "P" connectors for the DSP unit.  Not on
the module at all.  The connectors were placed, soldered at one point and
perpendicular to the control board.  However, I neglected to solder the rest
of the pins on the control board.

If I haven't figured anything else out on these projects, I have figured out
everything works better when the joints are soldered. <grin>

Dohn  N8EWY