-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2006 8:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Help in hooking up my straight Key

Paul,

I can answer with certainty on the K1 and KX1:
Yes, you must use a stereo plug - but you need only to connect to the shell
and the tip. Enter the menu in the K1 and KX1 and set INP Hnd.

That is all there is to it.  I do not have access to the '706 manual, but
you can check your manual to see how to connect the key.

73,
Don W3FPR