Thanks to all that replied to my question.

To those that suggest that I try other radios, I've done that on Field Day over the past few years. I really don't need some of the features of the commercial stuff; the K2 has everything that I would use, either already installed as part of the basic radio, or as an option.

For what it's worth, my intent at this point is local SSB (the local radio club has a 10 meter SSB net on Sundays), digital modes (probably PSK31 mostly) and probably some CW. I do intend to go for General and Extra over the next few months. I'm wanting a QRP radio, with the option of going QRO if needed.