Aloha to all:

I am brand new to this list. Last week I ordered and received my first
Elecraft toy, a xv222.

I assembled the xvrtr in about 6 hours. Sweet little kit, straight
forward and fun. Powered it up just to find no DC at TP1. Not oscillator
activity at all? All voltages test okay in the box. Poking in the xtal
area, no oscillation? Bad rock? If I generate my own signal and input it
to mixer, xvrtr works fine business. Two transitors in this circuit also
seem to be working. I don't have another crystal to work with either....

Any possibility of this kit series having some bad crystals?

Mahalos, Jeremy w7eme