Good Evening,
Wow! That was great! 40 meters was wide open. Florida to Southern California, Indiana to North Dakota to Colorado, with Ontario and Alberta thrown in for good measure. . The Minnesota contingent seemed to be on hiatus but that's OK ;) Twenty meters was also good and elicited quite a list of check ins. Looks like 25 in all for an initial estimate. As I scan through my rough notes I'll see if there is another one. I was receiving very good signal reports but handing out ones which were a bit weaker with some added QSB. Both bands were very quiet though. During the first net my dryer was still running so that caused a little trouble but mostly I was just very cold. The wood stove doesn't really throw out heat until about dinner time. During the second net my desk temperature was rising throughout. It started at 63 and got close to 70 by the end of the net. I can't wait to get back out there since this room is far from the stove and still about 50 degrees.

I think you may like to hear a few of the net stats. These two are the most important: 455 folks have produced a check in total of 2962! One of these days I will count how many times the net has been run. I have missed at least four times maybe more. The only days when we have not held them is because of major contests. I think these nets may stand the test of time. Looks like there are quite a few of you who like what happens each Sunday afternoon and evening and are willing to support us. Thank you!

   The lists =>

On 14050 kHz at 2254z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008       QNI #180!!!!
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
KT5E - Jay - CO - K2 - 5037
K4GT - Jim - GA - K2 - 2015      QNI #5!
W0NTA - Dick - CO - K2 - 3900
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
K5BGB - Rod - TX - K1 - 1785
K4NVJ - Joe - AL - K2 - 4155
K9DMV - Joe - IL - K2 - 5628
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K2 - 4398
K6PJV - Dale - CA - K2 - 5345
VE6ITA - John - AB - K2 - 5384   QNI #20!!!
W6SU - John - CA - K2 - 228
ND0V - Greg - CO - K2 - 4211
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993

On 7045.50 kHz at 0156z:
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
K6PJV - Dale - CA - K2 - 5345
KR4OW - Dave - FL - K2 - 4320
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
K2HYD - Ray - NC - KX1 - 608
NK6A - Don - CA - K2 - 1217
KT5E - Jay - CO - K2 - 5037
N5BZ - Bob - LA - K2 - 5884
K7TQ - Randy - ID - K2 - 213     QNI #10!!
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993

If there are any errors or additions please email me. I'll fix the database when I get a little time. Lately free time has been at a premium but I would rather be busy than bored (or broke!). I hope the bands are as good next week since it makes life a lot more fun. I did have a string of S2 check ins which came in a pileup. This made things a bit tougher than normal. Well too bad for you Kevin, get used to it! I like the sound of all those folks even though it is hard to get a single call sign out of the chaos.

The weather reports from around the country were chilly to cold except for those in Florida and Louisiana. Even Indiana was not too bad. Tom had an inch of ice and was worried about his antenna. I have dry snow and am trying to stay warm. In Fargo, North Dakota Ken was chilly but I did not get a temperature for John in Alberta. Tom worked him and I heard a 'BRRRR' out of that contact ;)
   Stay warm folks and I will see you all next week,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)