I find myself suffering asthma-like symptoms after hunching over a fascinating project breathing solder fumes for a few hours. My tolerance for this hasn't improved over the years, and I have gotten into some real panic situations because I felt that I couldn't breathe at all after soldering for a while. I found that an asthma "rescue" inhalor helped immensely. But I'd prefer to avoid the problem entirely if possible.

Before I embark on my K2 assembly project, I'd like to obtain or create some sort of device to remove the solder fumes rather than inhale them.

What devices would you recommend? I'm willing to spend $100, but I'd prefer not to invest in some sort of industrial-strength device that costs $500 or more and needs to be wheeled around. How well do these things work for you?

Thanks & 73 de Dick, K6KR
[EMAIL PROTECTED]