Hi John (and the group),

  Nope - I've already checked both dit/dah lines and neither is shorted  to
ground. Interestingly - I can insert dahs inbetween the dits, but  that doesn't
stop the dits from continuing.

  I'm really thinking that a small portion of the MCU may be having  trouble
since I looked over the schematic design and I can't see  anything that might
buffer the MCU from the dit/mic PTT connection.  Someone please correct me if I
am wrong here. It appears that there's a  direct connection between the PTT/DIT
connection on the MCU and the  key/mic connections - and if that is the case -
the only solution would  be swapping out the MCU.

  Thanks for your quick reply, and hopefully someone can confirm my suspicions.

  73,
  Daniel AA0NI

"John R. Lonigro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Dan:
Just got our power back after about 12 hours, due to the same storm (but
no lightning fortunately).  I'm not the expert on this, but I would say
to make sure it isn't something simple first, like the dit line being
shorted out.  I think the key jack is the same design as the headphone
jack, which has seemed prone to failure.  You can check that with the
power off and a DMM.  If the line isn't shorted out, wait for one of the
big guns to reply with further suggestions.

Good luck.  We are expecting another freezing rain episode later this
evening, but it's above freezing right now and the trees are shedding a
lot of their ice.  They shedded a lot of their branches last night.

73's,
John AA0VE