itching to build something, not because there's
anything wrong with the radio.

I'm looking for some tips in two areas...

#1:  Power output

With the latest upgrade to the KPA100, the radio
easily tops 110W on all bands ... except 20, 17, and
15.  On those bands, the rig barely makes 100W and on
17, it shows "high current" warnings when doing it.
I'm not sure if that warning is from the exciter limit
(set to 4.00 amps) or what.  The alignment went very
smoothly and it appears that the set is working fine;
RX sensitivity is better than -120 dBm.

Why are these three bands "soft" compared to the
others, especially 10 meters?  What's the deal with
the current drain indication?

#2:  Firmware

I ordered the KPA100 new firmware V1.10 chip.  The
unit right now has a V1.06 chip in it.

What does the newer one do, versus the older one?