My K2 #5628 has the SSB option installed. Fine carrier
balanced completed. Many contacts made on SSB with the
K2 with good audio reports. No carrier can be heard
and audio sounds good.

The following settings were done: power set to minimum
- ccw, mic gain (SSBA) set to 3, speech compressor
level (SSBC) set to 3-1, frequency counter plugged
into TP2. While doing the SSB transmit BFO
optimization in CAL FIL BF1 (first filter) with BF1
set to OP1, I CAN HEAR my audio in my headphones "IF"
I key the microphone. If I move the BFO plus or minus
from suggested settings I can hear my audio
frequencies change. So I set it for the "best
sounding" which were very close to the recommended
settings.

The SSB adapter manual says that you must use an
external receiver or ask a nearby ham to make these
adjustments. I was able to this just by listening in
the headphones plugged into the K2. This method is NOT
mentioned in the manual. Can the SSB Transmit BFO
Optimization (page 22 SSB manual) be performed this
way or is my radio doing something unique??????

Best,

Joe Szczubelek  -  K9DMV     #5628