Hi Mark,

Yes, 160m is a great band. Might just be my favorite...I packed it in around 1AM this morning so I just missed you, maybe I'll catch you tonight/tomorrow...

Who says you can't work qrp on 160M? I discovered it works in the '05 ARRL 160m when I tried running 100w and the microwave nearly blew a gasket. I was amazed at how well I did with 5w and a long piece of wire. I have 41 states qrp on 160m + Hawaii where I cheated and used 100w. Finally worked Europe this past week on 160m for the first time but again had to resort to QRO.

I can't seem to work the west coast on 5w and might have to turn up the power for those states. Missing MS and LA in the east. Heard MS last night but there was a pileup that I couldn't break. I checked the band early this AM but didn't hear anything remarkable and went back to sleep.

I'll be sure to get the 160m option when I go for the K2. Enjoy your KX1, I have to get mine out in the field more.

Paul/kd2mx

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Just getting ready to get on 160m now for the CQ contest this weekend.  Was at
a Peter Frampton concert earlier tonight with W3LR.  Talk about great high
fidelity audio!  My K2 hasn't been connected in the shack for a bit so I gotta
get it reconnected and then I should be on the air soon.  I hope conditions are
reasonable.  I'm always amazed how well I do with QRP on 160m, though.  I
wouldn't have ever thought that I would get so much enjoyment out of the 160m
option on the K2, but it has more than paid for itself!

Mark, NK8Q

P.S.  My KX1 is nearly complete, S/N 1644, should be on the air later this
weekend on 40 and 20.  Gotta get it checked out for the Polar Bear outing next
weekend!