Don,

You are an absolute fountain of information! Yes, I have the Icom adapter from Heil and the set works perfectly on my 746.

I suppose another way to approach this is to get the Kenwood adapter from Heil, making the K2 mic configuration easier and maybe more standard. I'll have to ponder that for a little bit.

Thanks a lot for your help......hopefully #5757 will be on SSB in a couple of more days.

72,
Jim, WD9HBC
K2 #5757
KX1 #1517