Hi
I just completed my K2 and working on the KPA100. I am having some problems with the initial tests.
Manual has revision D included as a correction sheet.
Page 20 of manual has list of resistance points to be measured. All points are within tolerances.
Firmware of K2 is 2.04P
Page 23 asks for voltage measurements. All are within tolerances. U5 pin 1 had 2 or 3 millivolt, any millivolt measurement I considered as a zero voltage. Step on page 23 states: " tap MENU then tap DISPLAY. K2 secondary menu (SEC) will be flashed. When I perform this step I get a very brief SEC, which does not flash on and off. Right away after the short SEC notice the display shows SLCH OFF, the attenuators are at: NB ANT2 PRE ATT. When I use the Band + Band - to scroll to PA menu entry I get "PA --". According to the manual this means that the KPA100 micro-controller is not communicating with the K2. Trouble shooting section does not help me.
Can anyone come up with things to check or try out to resolve the issue.
Any help is appreciated.
Have a nice day, 73's Hank WA9QJH