For those hams that help with emergency communications, an XM satellite radio can be a great help whether or not your subscribe to their service. Channel 247 is a free channel and is always on. If you are have local emergencies (weather, natural, or man made) there will be useful information repeatedly broadcast over this channel. For those of you that have a car that has an XM satellite radio in it, and you haven't gotten the service, check this channel out. It is quite handy. "We will now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast....".

David Wilburn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
K4DGW
K2 #5982

Ken Kopp wrote:
Hi Don, others ....

XM satellite radio is the answer for us.  Great while
soldering on the K2 project.

Have a (tiny) receiver with a built-in transmitter installed
in the car and it "rebroadcasts" to all the FM receivers
in the house when we're home.  Also serves the neighbors
if they so choose. (:-))

We do also listen to Oregon Public Radio.

73! Ken Kopp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]