WB6TMY:
>The only way the rest of us are going to ever get any use out of the band is to use it and generate some CQ's. Otherwise the DX'ers will continue having their way.

        Isn't this true on every band?  That's why we
have QRP calling frequencies away from the mainstream
DX areas.  On 160 I often hear many regular ragchews
below 1820.  If you go above 1820 and answer someone
calling "CQ DX", I would not expect to get a very positive
response.  Contests are another matter, and some of
the best-equipped stations (including DX) will listen for
the weakest QRP signals.  I've worked fellow K2 owner
G3XGC while Geoff was running 5W on 160 several
different times, and once even running 1 Watt.

        Here's a webpage with some shots of Geoff's setup
including K2, TX and RX antennas:

<http://freespace.virgin.net/geoff.cottrell/G3XGC.html>http://freespace.virgin.net/geoff.cottrell/G3XGC.html

It's hard to imagine 1 Watt making it across the pond from
G3XGC's small city lot (1200 square feet total), but Topband
is full of surprises for the deserving!

                        73,  Bill  W4ZV