Thank you to all who gave me advice on which Elecraft to order!  I have placed
my order for a KX1.  While I like some features of the K1(receiver, Ant. tuner,
15 meters, power), I think the KX1 will fit my current operating needs the
best.  I ordered it with 2nd day air (only $8 more) because my wife will be out
of town for a couple days next week, so I hope to get in some serious building
time after the kids are in bed!  I'll let you know how it goes...

73 de K6BQ