Hello to the list. This is my first posting on my K1 kit building issues via the Elecraft reflector. Thanks to all in advance. I am awaiting the delivery of a digital multimeter for making resistance/voltage checks, but started construction nonetheless. I have a cheap analog meter, however, and thought that when I get to the resistance check parts I would use it, but not proceed until the DMM gets here. I completed the 4 band filter bard and the front panel (minus the 10 turn potentiometer) up to the point where the resistance checks are to be made (page 22), and, here is where my analog meter says that I am way off. The backlight kit was installed, by the way, as per its (somewhat confusing instructions) which then returned me to the page where the resistance checks are made. I get the following big discrepancies:

Test pts (+)                   Resistance    Measured
DS1 (LCD pins 1-24)   >100K          around 2K each to ground
J1 pin 6                         >100K         10K
J1 pin 7                         >100K          5.8 to 7K (moves up))
J1 pin 8                         >100K          5.8 to 7K (moves up)
J1 pin 10                       90-200K      2.3K
J1 pin 12                       >100K          5.1 to 7K (moves up)
J1 pin 15                       <50K            28K  (yippie!)
J1 pin 16                       15-18K        9K
J1 pin 19                       >100K          5.8 to 7K (moves up)

Something is definitely awry here. I don't see any bridges, cold joints, nor missed components/joints, incorrectly placed parts. However, with the LCD installed along with the backlit display, there is no way to recheck the pins of the 40 pin MCU from the top of the board, only to look under the socket from the sides. I have rechecked all the component placement and the solder connections 3 times. I cannot find any errors or solder issues. So then, can the analog meter be throwing me that far off? I doubt it. Your expertise is requested in offering advice.

73, Jozef WB2MIC